Talent acquisition and retention is at the top of every CEO’s or business owner’s concern. 2015 was a very good year to be a technical professional, with 2016 expected to continue to favor technical professionals looking for new positions, adding to the talent acquisition challenge. This follows the trend set over the past few years, with demand outweighing supply in almost every category of technical position.
One strategy to help with your talent acquisition needs, is to use a staffing firm which specializes in your specific industry and / or technologies.
Here are 5 benefits to consider when using a staffing firm.
- Specialization breeds better performance. A staffing firm specializing in your field of business develops an industry awareness that improves not only the accuracy of their recruiting effort, but can also provide competitive industry insight based on the types of other searches being performed.
- Deeper, Richer Talent Pool. Staffing firms have a broader / deeper reach into the talent pool than most hiring companies. It’s what they do. Their ability to access the active and passive candidate pool is critical to improve the probability of hiring the right talent in the right position. Good staffing firms will bring you candidates you most likely could not find on your own.
- Time is money. For VARs and MSPs, unfilled technical slots typically equate to lost opportunity and lost revenue. Only use a staffing firm with credible expertise and clear knowledge and understanding of your industry.
- Pre-vetting. A significant portion of the pre-vetting work is done before you see the first resume. This also relates back to the third point that “time is money”. When someone is brought in for an interview, it almost always involves multiple staff members. These resources need to have their time used wisely, and not wasted on interviews where there is not a high probability of success.
- The job is harder than it looks. Recruiting is easy to define, and deceptively complex to execute correctly. Besides the obvious need to identify candidates with the correct technical background and skills, there is much psychology involved on both the side of the hiring company, as well as the candidate. Properly performed, the ability to act as a buffer between both parties can mean the difference between success and failure in many cases.
VAR Staffing welcomes the opportunity to discuss your talent acquisition needs and share best practices.