Located in the eastern section of Pennsylvania, our client is a leader in providing analysis, design, installation and support of Security and Communication systems in their region. They are actively expanding and looking to add to their talented team.
The Video Security System Technician will successfully fulfill various tasks as they relate to understanding and servicing security applications and systems. This individual will serve customers by installing and servicing systems, products and pair of security solutions.
The Integrated Video Security Specialist is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic systems, including but not limited to Security/Access Control and Video Surveillance. The Security Specialist is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All installations and service must meet the highest quality standards set forth by our client , while assuring a professional and safe working environment. The technician is responsible for communicating system performance to the customer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support sales team in collaborative selling model as Security Specialist.
- Attend client discovery meetings and prepare and present application or design concepts.
- Conduct thorough site surveys to identify requirements for security solutions
- Provide proof of concept and explanations to estimating and sales staff
- Provide estimating assistance of systems for estimating and sales staff
- Be responsible for technical scope in customer proposals
- Understand general concept in other Life Safety Systems, i.e., Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Mass Notification, how these interface with Security Systems.
- Provide support for security bid projects; prebid meetings, RFP responses, product research, etc.
- Assist in answering sales reps questions, and defining scope of work.
- Provide post sales engineering and support on sold projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of shop drawings.
- Attend industry conferences and events to stay current on security technology.
- Provide periodic presentations on Security market trends and conditions to management and other team members.
- Responds to customer's service related issues promptly.
- Perform final connection and configuration of equipment for new projects.
- Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets and service/installation tickets.
- Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program.
The Integrated Security Specialist shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years working experience in the security industry. This position requires the ability to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work well with other people and be proficient with personal computers. A desire to further one’s career in ASIS, ISC, or other organizations is critical.
Mostly local, but some out of town travel will be required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a technical background in surveillance, access control, intrusion detection, and IP networking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – some public speaking is required.
- Must be responsible, self motivated, personable and well organized. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook, Visio
- Product research skills including use of; internet, catalogs, manufacturer and distributor tech, webinars and seminars.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.