Our client, a leading Managed Service Provider in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area is looking for a Senior System Engineer L2. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of varied client physical network infrastructures, hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with network engineering and administrative requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of engineered Layer2/Layer3 network solutions including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions as related to the network infrastructure.
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, and windows networking technologies.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, connectivity support for Terminal Services, Citrix and other remote access solutions.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Design and implement enterprise wireless infrastructures (Ruckus Wireless primarily).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Provide secondary support of Microsoft based OS systems environments, including Windows Server and workstations.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Perform any and all other duties to the best of one’s ability as assigned by supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Professional IT Network Certifications or equivalent is expected.
- Above average interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, written communication and documentary skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Numerous years of experience supporting and engineering layer 2&3 network infrastructure.
- Demonstrate technical diagnostic skills for providing effective resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, adopt and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment