Our client is a world-class IT Operations and Infrastructure Management provider of a wide-range of technologies and practices. They have been supporting channel partners for over 10 years and are an industry leader in outsourced NOC, SOC, UC, and Security services to the IT channel. They are currently looking to add an Partner Account Manager who will manage the Western US region.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Partner Account Manager (PAM) role is a senior sales position focused on new partner acquisition and strategic revenue growth.
- The PAM is responsible for managing a channel territory, identifying the right partners (MSP’s, system integrators) in that territory, and executing strategies to engage them in revenue generating opportunities and acquiring them as partners.
- The PAM will identify, position, and drive engagement with the top MSP’s and solutions provider in the territory.
- The position will carry revenue quota and be responsible for the acquisition and strategic growth of partners.
- The PAM role will drive revenue growth and reduce churn due to cancellations.
- The PAM role is part of the channel sales team – working regionally to drive partner success and growth by identifying and acquiring the right strategic partners.
- Work with the delivery teams (Service Delivery Managers) to orchestrate and execute quarterly business reviews with each partner, identify strategies to help the partner grow their business, and find ways to increase the consumption of services.
- Work with Channel Marketing to drive campaigns, messaging, and value proposition alignment to the target partners. Drive meetings and appointments with all targeted partners.
- Become intimately familiar with each partner’s business and align the partner’s strategic goals with client's capabilities to implement strategic engagement with the partners.
- Track all activity in SalesForce– attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to meet and discuss strategic objectives, diagnose partner business objectives and challenges, and align the value proposition against those objectives and challenges to encourage partnership and foster the relationship for big growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in the technology sector, supporting channel partners (VARs, MSP’s, System Integrators, Cloud Service Providers)
- Must have experience selling recurring revenue managed service solutions through the channel – must have an understanding of the recurring revenue business model and channel enabled managed services. This in non-negotiable.
- Must have experience carrying a sales quota focused on recurring revenue growth and new partner acquisition.
- Strong communication skills are a must – ability to interface with all levels of partner from Owner/C-Level to service teams and account representatives.
- Strong attention to detail and a bias for action – must demonstrate a high sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced business.
- Must be comfortable working independently and without constant supervision. Critical thinking is essential.
- Must be able to add value to partners – solve problems, assist with issues, and bring resolution to business and operational concerns.
- Must be able to craft account plans with each partner and execute against those account plans effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work positively with customers, sales, and internal teams.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy and to produce business results.
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering “excellence”.
- Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across client, partners, and the Manufacturing & Energy team.
- Evidence of a style which builds alliances, emphasizes high morale, and an effective teamwork.
- Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives, as well as inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.