Our client is a world-class IT Operations and Infrastructure Management provider across a wide-range of technologies and practices. They are adding a Director of Customer Success to their team. This role focuses on partner and end-client technical and operational support to drive a world-class partner experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Director of Customer Success will be responsible, and have a significant impact on, the development of a Customer Success focus and implementation. This role will help define the function and the team required to deliver against the vision over the long-term.
- The Director Customer Success role will be responsible for building a team of Technical Support Managers (TSM’s) to assist and support partners and their end-clients with day-to-day operational and technical support requests as well as strategic operational and account planning activities.
- Working closely with the Channel Sales team the Customer Success team will serve as the liaison between our back-end operational and delivery teams in India and our partners in North America and other geographies.
- Participate in the active management of our partner relationships to ensure our partner are deriving maximum value from their relationship.
- Assist in making our partner relationships as profitable and productive as possible.
- Provide support from onboarding and training as well as ongoing, day-to-day partner support in conjunction with marketing and sales to drive a high-value partner experience.
- Pinpoint problems – and opportunities- by leveraging as many data points as possible about our customers and partners.
- Develop a customer focused approach within the company – identifying ways that our partners and customer can be successful – and driving those practices to life.
- Strong attention to detail and a bias for action – must demonstrate a high sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced business.
- Must be adept at understand the data points that can be examined to determine how to proactively manage our partner relationships and improve our partner nurturing capabilities.
- Must be comfortable working independently and without constant supervision. Critical thinking is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work positively with customers, sales, and internal teams.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy and to produce business results.
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering “excellence”.
- Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across the client ecosystem.
- Evidence of a style which builds alliances, emphasizes high morale, and an effective teamwork.
- Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives, as well as inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituent
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in the technology sector, supporting channel partners (VARs, MSP’s, System Integrators, Cloud Service Providers)
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years in a people management role. Must be adept at managing performance against goals and objectives and driving a team to success.
- Must have experience selling or supporting recurring revenue managed service solutions through the channel – must have an understanding of the recurring revenue business model and channel enabled managed services.
- Must have good knowledge of the evolving customer success methodologies and the elements of a successful customer success strategy. Must have been part of a customer success effort and understand the customer-first mindset.
- Strong communication skills are a must – ability to interface with all levels of partner from Owner/C-Level to service teams and account representatives.